The sting of the BCS Championship Game isn't totally gone, but last nights Matt Court opening sure helped. Maybe a little quack will do the trick:
- While it was great that the Ducks got a win in basketball, the big story was the opening of Matthew Knight Arena. George Schroeder's column is on the palace that replaces Mac Court. It's spectacular, no doubt, and the Ducks opened up the place with more hoopla than an NBA game.
- If you missed the opening of the arena, John Hunt's article has a video attached, and he also has a bit more info behind the Matt Court logo.
- And to top off the evening, the Ducks got a win over the USC Trojans, 68-62. After starting the season out 0-4 in Pac-10 play, this one felt good. The Ducks didn't struggle shooting as much as they had in the past, and defensive pressure helped the Ducks go on a 19-2 run and take a 20-point lead in the second half. USC cut the lead to 4 before Oregon secured the game.
- It wasn't such a great night for the Oregon women, as they dropped a game at USC, 79-76. They fell to 2-3 in Pac-10 play.
- Oregon baseball is right around the corner, and season tickets for the upcoming season go on sale today.
- On to a bit of football, we looked forward to 2011 the other day and speculated on the potential starters for Oregon's football team. Rob Moseley gives us his projected starters.
- The guys at Solid Verbal covered the BCS Championship Game, and made this great video that is making the round.
- While our week has been rough, Chip just keeps on working and moving forward. He went on John Canzano's radio show yesterday. You can download it here, if you dare. And you should, it's a good interview.
Got anything else to share? Leave it below. GO DUCKS!