I hope you are all enjoying your prolonged holiday weekend (if you're lucky enough to have one). Here's a bit of quack rounding up what happened over the weekend, which isn't much.
- Oregon basketball put up a good fight in its second game at Matt Court, but the UCLA Bruins were too much, beating the Ducks 67-59. Though the Ducks took an early 12 points lead, the Bruins fought back and UCLA hit 5 three pointers in the last 10 minutes of the game, which was too much for the Ducks to overcome. The Bruins also finally overpowered the Ducks physically, and the Ducks had a problem keeping the Bruins off the offensive glass in the second half. Despite the loss, the Ducks played well. They fought hard on both ends of the floor, and are a fun team to watch. But they have no room for error, which the Bruins were finally able to exploit in the final minutes of the game.
- Oregon had yesterday off, and soon begin preparations for the Civil War at Oregon State on Saturday in Corvallis.
- The Oregonian has some pictures comparing Mac Court and Matt Court.
- The 2012 Oregon football schedule is getting closer to being full. Over the weekend, Oregon announced that they'll open the season with Arkansas State, from the Sun Belt. In 2012, the Ducks will have home games against Arkansas State, and Montana State. Not exactly the most enthralling games, but with 10 possible conference games, I won't be complaining.
- There were some rumors floating around the LaMichael James was reconsidering entering the NFL draft, and while those rumors were true, James reaffirmed his decision to come back to Oregon for his junior year.
That's all for now. If you find anything else, leave it below. GO DUCKS!