The wait is nearing the end. Only a week until this Oregon team takes the field for the last time. Here's your quack:
- Oregon is now in Arizona to prepare for the BCS Championship Game against Auburn. Rob Moseley has all the travel details, and Andy McNamara has a few notes. In travel, the Ducks were fast and efficient, and the whole trip was fairly simple. Oregon's first practice is today at 11:30am, and the Ducks don't have any bowl requirements over the next two days. For fun, GoDucks.tv has a video of the Ducks travelling.
- Rob Moseley has a few more notes on LaMichael James' decision to come back to Oregon for his junior year. Gary Campbell expected LaMichael to come back after conversations earlier this year, but sometimes decisions can change, as happened with Jonathan Stewart.
- Aaron Fentress continues his matchup breakdowns for the BCS Championship Game, this time looking at the special teams. Oregon holds a significant edge in the punting game, and while this might not occur all that much in the game, that could prove to be very important for field position at key moments.
- While many on ESPN are focusing on the size difference between Auburn and Oregon, the Auburn players and coaches aren't focusing on that difference, focusing instead on the speed and versatility of the Oregon defense. I think that Oregon can give Auburn some trouble defensively, but Auburn is too good to shut down.
- With the final men's basketball games played at Mac Court, the Ducks have moved into Matt Court, and it's already getting great reviews from the players.
- So, what's gonna happen to Mac Court? That's still up in the air as the University figures out what it wants to do in the long-term with that part of the campus.
With a week left, how are you passing the time to the big game? GO DUCKS!