"Money doesn't buy happiness." Uh, do you live in America? 'Cause it buys a WaveRunner. Have you ever seen a sad person on a WaveRunner? Have you? Seriously, have you? Try to frown on a WaveRunner. You can't! They're so awesome, it's all throttle. People smile as they hit the pier.
- Ken Goe has a piece on LaMichael James' stat leading and record breaking season. With Harris being suspended and Barner injured, James has gotten more opportunities to return punts. Personally, I'd like to see James get more touches on special teams as we spread the ball around more in the offense. Allows him to make an impact in the game while not carrying such a burden through what will be a long Pac 12 season.
- It is Cal week right? That means CGB will be trying their inevitable invasion of ATQ. Well, like an errant Longshore pass, let's intercept that right now . I say we offer an olive branch of truce and fairness to our sister school in the Bay Area. I mean why must we propagate the hate between ourselves? We both have a common enemy at this point, and that's Stanford. So be friendly to the University of Oregon - Berkeley fans if they show up around here.
- Speaking of Cal, looks like Oregon is starting their preparations for the Bears by getting back to the fundamentals. The bye week helped get guys healthy, like Michael Clay, and allowed the Ducks to have a few more film sessions and workouts.
- Some people may look at the Duck defensive stats and draw conclusions, other will look at the game film and say the stats don't tell the whole story. For the Duck players, they look at the wins and losses to tell them if they're doing their job.
- Chip Kelly video giving his routinely dry impressions of the upcoming game and responses to reporter questions. /STARE
- Ted Miller throws out some bowl projections. Guess he has Oregon losing to Stanford right now. All the more reason to embrace our fellow Bay Area brothers and learn their ways of beat the Tree.
- The women's soccer team had a good weekend. They split their games in LA as they lost to #2 Ucla and beat USC.
- The University of Oregon men's tennis program punctuated their stellar weekend play at the Bulldog Classic in Fresno, Calif. by winning two for the four possible tournament titles.
That's all the Quack I got. Don't forget feathered friends to spay and neuter your dawgs and leave any other quack in the comments.