Happy Black Friday everyone. We got some good football games today, head to the open thread to discuss those. Here's some post-turkey quack:
- If there's an unsung hero for this season, it has to be David Paulson. In fact, Chip Kelly called him the Ducks most valuable player. And it's tough to argue with that. There is no depth at his position, he's been a blocking machine, and he's been Darron Thomas' only dependable receiving threat. He plays almost every snap, making an impact even when not making amazing catches. It will be his last true home game at Autzen tomorrow, and it seems to soon. He doesn't have the flash of other players, and is probably the quietest player that Tom Osbourne has ever coached. But he's done it all for the Ducks, both on and off the field. We'll miss you, David.
- The Ducks got to celebrate Thanksgiving yesterday after holding meetings earlier than usual after their typical early Thursday practice. And they didn't have to worry about what that ate, as the game is tomorrow. Unlike last year, when the Ducks played the day after Thanksgiving.
- Hope you guys like those "temporary" towers at Autzen. There could be as many as 10 of those in the future. Tinker Hatfield has been tasked with altering the north side of the stadium on the cheap. A true expansion won't be coming for a while, but there is certainly a lot that can be done on the north side rim. Most important, there are initial plans to add more ramps to the north side, to alleviate the congestion issues that will make any change difficult.
- Oregon women's basketball moved to 4-0, with a 15 point victory over Weber State. It got a bit closer than it should have been, but Paul Westhead stuck with his youth to hold onto the victory, and it paid off.
- Lastly, here's an article from yesterday from Rob Moseley on the difference in how Oregon and Oregon State are preparing for the Civil War. This may be OSU's super bowl, but it's just another faceless opponent for the Ducks, at least in preparation. Make sure to check out DT's press conference video after the jump.
That's all I got. If you've got anything else, leave it after the jump. GO DUCKS!