Tonight's the night. The start of the Ducks' run to the national title. The odds are around one in a trillion, so how can you not like that?!
- The good news for Oregon? They play the worst team in the Pac-10 tonight. The bad new? They face ASU, who won both meetings this year. Can the Ducks solve the Sun Devils? They'll have a decent shot at victory if they play with energy and confidence, but the ASU zone has smothered the Ducks, and they will have to play a radically different game from how they played last week.
- For all the high hopes for Oregon baseball, that seems to have evaporated. Oregon dropped to 5-7 with a Civil War loss last night, dropping the game 4-1. It's becoming a familiar story, but the Ducks simply couldn't score any runs. They managed 7 hits (OSU had 8), but the Ducks couldn't get those runners across the plate.
- It's been tough season for the Oregon women's basketball team. Struggling with injuries (including first team All Pac-10 Nia Jackson) and an inability to hold leads, they faltered to a No. 9 seed in the conference tournament and will take on the No. 4 Arizona Wildcats, who beat Oregon by 23 last weekend.
- Former Oregon recruiting coordinator Deryk Gilmore was on 1080 the fan talking about scouting services, and how Oregon uses those services.
- Lastly, there's been something happening in Columbus that's garnered some attention. Honestly, I just don't care about this story, or NCAA violations in general. I guess this takes Oregon's investigation out of the spotlight, but I didn't care about that spotlight anyway. So yeah, get all self-righteous in the comments if that's your thing.