Is this gonna be your last quack fix? Who knows? Not even the joker the thinks the world is gonna end! But just in case, I've tried to make this one extra special.
- ATQ's Kris Anderson has an article at GoDucks.com on the youth of the baseball team. While the season hasn't gone as plan, the Ducks are simply a very young team, and the inconsistency while these players adjust has shown. While it's easy to be disappointed in the results this season, with this youth, there are many reasons to be optimistic about the future.
- Oregon still has some very slim postseason hopes, but to keep those alive they need to win their final 7 games. They head to the Palouse tonight to take on WSU.
- Rob Moseley has a feature on Oregon's first commitment from the 2012 class, Newport's Oshay Dunmore. He'll be competing in a pole vault, long jump, and discuss this weekend at the OSAA Class 4A track and field championships. Dunmore is bringing his athletic talents to Oregon next fall, as well as a love for hitting. But Dunmore is not just a football player that excels in track. He has the talent to excel in either sport, and for now he'll do just that.
- Oregon softball starts the postseason this morning as they take on Albany at 11:30am. The Ducks are in this position in large thanks to Alexa Peterson, who has taken over at catcher and turned a team liability into a strength.
- Oregon golf is trying to reach their fourth consecutive trip to the NCAA championships. Jack Dukeminier is doing his best to make that happen, as he tied a career hi 6-under 66 yesterday at the Southwest regionals.
- Oregon football has had wonderful success in recent years, and it's not just Beaver fans that have taken notice. Mike Riley is paying very close attention to Oregon as well. The rise in Oregon football has brought pressure to both schools, and Mike Riley knows that his team must rise to the occasion, or get left behind.
- Lastly, do you have any questions you want Darron Thomas to answer? Sporting News will be doing a 5 Questions segment with Darron, and wants user-submitted questions. Send any you have to Ryan Fagan, and make sure to mention Addicted To Quack in your e-mail.
Have a great weekend everyone. Leave any other quack below, and GO DUCKS!