The big Pac-12 news leaked yesterday, but Larry Scott is announcing this afternoon. The event should be streamed here for those interested. Now on to the quack!
- It's been a rough year for Oregon baseball, but last night the Ducks took down the Beavers 7-2. Starting pitcher Christian Jones was dominant on the night, taking a shutout into the ninth inning before that was ended up two-run home run. This was Oregon's first win in Corvallis since reinstatement.
- We know the new Pac-12 deal will be money-tastic, but there is another very important aspect. How will this affect us fans? Jeff Nusser from CougCenter looks at the deal, and calls is "simply awesome for us Pac-10 fans who have been treated as second-class sports citizens for far too long." This deal will be great, and with the multiple partners, does a great job of balancing exposure and availability.
- The Oregon spring game was a smashing success, and not just in attendance. Over 63,000 pounds of food was donated at the game.
- In ex-Duck news, Malik Hairston is leading his team towards a Euroleague title in his first year playing in Europe. Malik has been really close to getting championships both in college and in the pros, so hopefully he can finally get one.
- Jerry Allen caught up with another ex-Duck, Nick Reed. Nick has had a tough last year battling injury, but has been continuing to work, and will get another chance this year with the Chicago Bears.
- I hate when Oregon plays at Washington State. Nothing good can happen there. But WSU is planning on renovating their stadium, so they may finally rise above the level of a high school stadium.
- Ted Miller takes a look at the returning ball hawks in the Pac-12. Cliff Harris and John Boyett come in at 1 and 2, with 6 and 5 interceptions, respectively.
That's all for now. Leave anything else in the comments. GO DUCKS!