Lots of reaction to the Cliff Harris story. If you'd rather not waste your time on that, skip the first two fix items.
- The big "news" that broke yesterday was word that Cliff Harris was cited for driving 118 mph on I-5 south of Albany on Sunday. Rob Moseley has the latest on his blog, including Chip Kelly's (typical) preliminary response: the coaching staff will make a decision once all the facts have been gathered.
- Of course, there are a lot of opinions on the Harris incident. Here's a sample of what people are saying, if you're interested: Kristi from Autzen Zoo wrestles with whether she believes Harris should be suspended. The Big Lead thinks Harris will avoid suspension because Cliff has all summer to make up for it. USA Today focuses on whether Cliff's use of the car constitutes an NCAA violation. Finally, here's Graham Watson's post on the Dr. Saturday blog.
- The football team got a verbal commitment from Alex Balducci early yesterday. Balducci is defensive end out of Central Catholic in Portland and is currently listed as a three-star prospect by ESPN and Scout and as a four-star prospect by Rivals. Greg Biggins of ESPN has an insider-only article with some quotes from Balducci.
- John Henderson from the Denver Post has a couple of (short) blog posts up about Oregon. First, he's got a quote from Darron Thomas claiming that it's mental breakdowns by opposing defenses rather than fatigue that leads to Oregon's offensive success. He also has some thoughts from Thomas about playing in Colorado this season.
- Yesterday was commencement day at Oregon, and Moseley has a list of the football players who graduated. Interestingly, of the nine graduates, five still have eligibility remaining. Congrats to the recent grads!