8 days. Really everyone, just 8 days. One more football-less weekend is all you have to endure. Let me say that again: 8 DAYS!
- This is a Duck blog, so of course uniforms come first. Yesterday the uniforms for the LSU game were released. I can't wait to see these babies in action.
- Mark Asper may be one of my favorite Ducks. Not only is he a great offensive lineman, he's a great person. KVAL has a piece on him.
- Oregon comes in at No. 9 on Paul Myerburg's preseason countdown. Wait, what? Number 9? Are you serious? Oh, wait, he had BYU at 12th. Oh, I got it. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
- Oregon has been billed $60,000 so far relating to NCAA expenses. If the taxpayers were paying for it, I'm sure they'd have something to complain about.
- KVAL caught up with LaMichael James, and got his thoughts on the team for the upcoming season.
- Practices are closed, but that doesn't mean we don't have any good tidbits. Chip had a some high praise for assumed 3rd string QB true freshman Marcus Mariota, who is apparently battled for the #2 spot. In other depth chart news, Hroniss Grasu has been named the starting center, and Carson York has some comments on the state and future of the O-line.
- Ken Goe has a piece on our kickers, Rob Beard and Jackson Rice. Both are not only great kickers, but exceptional athletes. Last year, Beard in particular was great in kickoff coverage, making multiple tackles to stop big returns.
- I guess we can talk LSU a bit. Darron Thomas' cousin, LSU WR Russell Shepard has been suspended for the opening game, in a situation totally unrelated to the LSU bar fight. We're down our top CB, they are down their top WR. All's fair in college football, I guess.
That's all for now. Leave any other quack and any opinions in the comments below. GO DUCKS!