College football is upon us! ASU and Utah got the Pac-12 started with a couple cupcake wins, but Utah only won by 17 over Montana St. Huh? Anyway, enough of those teams, we have a real game tomorrow night. Here's your quack:
- There are enough puff pieces floating around the internet that I'll let you find those on your own. Let's kick things off with a more in-depth look at the Oregon offense. Fish Duck has been killing it with his video reviews, and has another, this time on Oregon's power play. He also has post on the changes we may see this year from the Oregon offense.
- He's not the only site breaking down the Oregon offense. Avinash over at Pacific Takes takes a look at Oregon's "wishbone" offense. We saw this during the BCS championship game, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing it tomorrow. With LSU's superior secondary, Oregon is going to have to run the ball effectively and take advantage of LSU physically. This would be a great way to do that.
- Adam Jude has an article today on Terrance Mitchell, who is starting at CB since Cliff Harris is suspended. While Terrance Mitchell was not even the most highly ranked CB when he signed with the Ducks in 2010, he has drawn nothing but praise since getting to camp last spring. He's also the biggest CB on Oregon's roster, which will help the Ducks replace Talmadge Jackson. This is a good article by Jude to help us get to know a Duck we haven't seen play yet, but will become very familiar with, very quickly.
- The Register Guard had their season preview yesterday. There are more articles than I can link to, so if you're really needing to kill time, check all the articles out on their Duck Football page.
- Oregon basketball finished up their tour of Italy with a loss against Casale Monferrato, dropping them to 2-3 for the trip. A poor start, turnovers, and bad shooting doomed the Ducks.
- Lastly, a video for you. This is another fun video from Oregon Gridiron, of the 2011 Oregon Ducks Team BBQ.
We're less than 36 hours away, so help out your fellow addicts by leaving anything interesting in the comments. GO DUCKS!