I've never been into recruiting very much. Following the whims of teenagers making one of their first important decisions of their lives never interested me very much. Sure, I'm as excited as everyone on National Signing Day, but I don't get too caught up in the drama leading up to it.
If I can offer just a small word of advice, please don't bug and or pester recruits as they try and make this decision. Social media has given us greater access to them then ever before, but that doesn't mean they need to hear from every raving fan about their opinion. Lastly, if a recruit decides to chose a different school then Oregon, don't be negative or say bad things about him. In other words, don't be that guy. Onto the quack:
- Speaking of recruiting, lots of tidbits flying around for those interested. Ted Miller also has a break down on some of the highlights around the Pac 12. There's also a quick piece on the biggest overachievers and underachievers regarding recruiting over the last five years.
- Cliff Harris may have had his time at Oregon end poorly, but according to a piece this morning by Adam Jude he's still a "Duck at heart." Cliff has made some mistakes, but hopefully he can learn from those and move forward both on and off the field. Of note, for those fans that thought he ducked out of the Rose Bowl early, it seems he did that to meet up with Darron Thomas and De'Anthony Thomas.
- Bob Clark has a piece about the Ducks chances on how they'll finish the the rest of the basketball season. A 5-5 finish would give Oregon their first 20 win season since 2006-07 when Oregon lost to Florida in the elite eight. While 20 wins would look good on paper, I still think unless Oregon wins the Pac 12 tourney they are looking a NIT berth right now.
- At FishDuck this morning, David Melo catches up with Danny O'Neil, who led Oregon to their first Rose Bowl in 37 years in 1994.
- Nike released new Hyper Elite basketball uniforms for 7 men's teams and 2 women's teams. Kendall Marshall of UNC had the money quote of "I know if I played football, Oregon would be in my top five no matter who I was." What I found interesting was the games each of these teams will be wearing them, the opponents will be Adidas or Under Armour schools.
- Lastly, in T&F news, the Ducks head down to College Station, Texas for the Gilliam Indoor Track Stadium and the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge. I'll have to say one of the things I'm most excited about with the new media deal coming this year is the opportunity to watch more Olympic Sports like track and field.
Go ahead and leave any other pieces you find in the comments. Go Ducks!