I'm still smiling, just like Kenjon. Here's some very satisfied quack:
Also, don't forget to check out this week's edition of Tuesday Night Talks.
- Moseley's piece this morning is on how Oregon prepared for the Rose Bowl. After the offense flopped the last two years, the Ducks had a determination that wasn't there previously. Obviously, the added speed of De'Anthony Thomas helped this year, but the Oregon offensive line was dominant from the start, and when the offensive line is rolling, the offense cannot be stopped.
- With a Rose Bowl victory in hand, the football team gets to do something they haven't in quite a while: relax. Most players were headed home before returning to school when winter break ends on Monday.
- With the football season over, time to throw recruiting into overdrive. The coaching staff just got another commit, this one from Deforest Buckner, a 6'7 DE from Hawaii. This makes him the 6th DE recruit that Oregon has picked up. With young tackles, and this infusion of talent, Nick Aliotti should be set for a long time. In other news, Oregon is going to be getting visits from a couple receivers before signing day.
- I am so excited that Mike Leach is in our division. He recently had a live chat with fans at the Seattle Times. Among other things, he discussed what would happen if a grizzly bear fought a great white shark. More highlights from Matt Hinton.
- With the Pac-12 football season over, everyone is already starting to look toward next season, and it should be a good one, with Oregon and USC likely to be top 5 teams. Conquest Chronicles says that no one is all that close to those two teams. Patrick Malee of the NYT says that Oregon is looking good even if James leaves.
- At FishDuck, Kurt's DuckTales today is on his Rose Bowl experience. Why no, I'm not jealous of his picture with Keenan Howry. Why do you ask?
- In basketball news, Dana Altman is hopeful that the Rose Bowl excitement will carry over to the basketball team. This actually could happen. We need something to occupy our time during the winter. Also, Tyrone Nared is practicing again, and could play tomorrow night when Oregon hosts Stanford.
That's all I got. Leave anything else below. GO DUCKS! ROSE BOWL CHAMPS!