One last game of college football tonight. Maybe we'll get some offense this time around. Here's your quack:
- The Ducks couldn't hang with Cal in the second half last night, and ended up falling 77-60. A string of turnovers, poor defense, and poor rebounding doomed the Ducks, as Cal took control early in the second half, and never let up. Here's CGB's recap. This is a disappointing loss. It was a game that would have allowed the Ducks to turn a corner, getting a sweep of the Bay Area schools. But now the Ducks have lost to Uw and Cal by a combined 33 points.
- Let's move on to some more exciting news, the 2012 football season! Yesterday, the Register Guard had their football season wrap-up and look forward. This season, the Ducks overcame a lot of adversity (especially injuries) to win the conference and Rose Bowl. This gave the Ducks valuable experience that will be key in another run next season. Moseley also has a position-by-position breakdown.
- Aaron Fentress also has a look at the 2012 football team, and says that the Ducks will be in the mix for the BCS Championship game, despite LaMichael James moving on to the NFL.
- George Schroeder is at the BCS Championship Game, and got some interesting thoughts from the players on the Ducks.
- Lastly, a couple good pieces from FishDuck. Charles has his Rose Bowl recap video, taking a look at some surprise plays. Also, Brian Libby has a piece talking about the 85 scholarship limit, and how it has allowed Oregon and many other teams to compete nationally.
Leave anything else below. GO DUCKS!