Here's wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all ATQers and their families. Not a lot of holiday Quack out there. Instead, as is Thanksgiving tradition, here is a list of things I am thankful for (in a Duck sense, anyway):
- I am thankful that Chip Kelly is our football coach, whether it be for two more games, or 200.
- I am thankful that Marcus Mariota is only a freshman.
- I am thankful that our entire secondary returns next season.
- I am thankful that we have a kicker in next year's recruiting class.
- I am thankful that the huskies suck.
- I am thankful that our basketball program is on the way back.
- I am thankful that our baseball program is already there.
- I am thankful that I was able to get an education at the University of Oregon
- (I am NOT thankful that I still write a check every month to finish paying for it).
- I am thankful that six years ago, Peter Bean emailed me and asked me to start a blog on SBN, based on nothing but a few message board comments. It was risky, but I'd like to think it worked out.
- I am thankful for all the awesome people that I write with. Thanks to Jared, Dom, Matt, Tako, Nick, Joe, Noah, Paul, Jeff, Kalon, Will, and Jake for your dedication and talents over the years. The fact that I've become good friends with many of these guys is an added bonus, for which I am even more thankful.
- And, finally, I am thankful for all of you. Whether you post twenty times a day, or mostly lurk and only post occasionally, its the readers who have made this the single best place on the internet. I think I speak for all of us when I say that the response we get from all of you makes it very easy to continue doing this.