Before the world ends let's jump right to the quack.
- First a couple of football links. Dion Jordan made the Pro Football weekly All-American team. This All-American team is a little different than most college ones in that it looks at how guys will project in the NFL. Personally, I love that they put Jordan on the OLB team. He's a great fit for an outside rusher in the NFL and it should be interesting to see where he lands in the NFL.
- Looks like Kenjon Barner and Kiko Alonso have accepted invitations to play in the Senior Bowl on January 26. I'm surprised that Michael Clay wasn't invited, but I'm sure Clay will be busy preparing for draft workouts and the combine.
- Alaina Bergsma, Lauren Plum and Liz Brenner were given All-America honors by the AVCA. Also, the volleyball team takes on Penn State at 6:00pm PT on ESPN2 tonight. Make sure to tune in and cheer on the lady Ducks as they compete for a chance to play in the championship game.
- Speaking of lady Ducks. The women's basketball team lost again yesterday to Illinois 62-80 and start the season 0-8. After watching the volleyball team do what they have done, I can safely say that the lack of support for the basketball team is not based on the fact that it is women's basketball... it is because they are terrible. Mullens is going to have a tough decision this offseason about letting Westhead go and finding a suitable replacement, but in the meantime we are going to have to suffer through one of the worst Pac 12 records of all time and that includes OSU's team that had an abusive coach just a couple of years ago.
- Onto happier news. Arsalan Kazemi is fitting in nicely with his new team this year. Obviously, Altman appreciates Kazemi's abilities on defense and that has quickly earned him a starting spot. The Crafty one has shown a knack for being able to get to loose balls, strip and generally cause trouble for the offense down low.
- Finally, the basketball team finishes a nice 4 game homestand against Nebraska this Saturday. This is a must win game for the Ducks and another opportunity to build their resume towards a potential NCAA tourney berth. Beating teams in the B1G can go a long way in the RPI.
I have to apologize for the late Quack Fix Monday as I got caught between 2 mountains, one of work and one of snow on the weekend. I hope this Fix makes up for it, but if I missed anything please make sure to leave the links in the comments.