Lots of quack out there this morning, so let's get right to it:
- Rob Moseley's feature today is on defensive end Tony Washington, who is looking to replace Terrell Turner as the strong-side end.
- New beat writer for the Oregonian, Jeffrey Martin, has a feature today on Nick Aliotti and the defense. Included are some nice quotes from Mark Helfrich about Dion Jordan.
- Ted Miller has generating a bunch of spring practice content lately, though not a whole lot about Oregon given the lack of information available. Here's his conference recap of QB competitions, including taking a pass on Oregon.
- The Pacific Takes has a blog post counting down the top 10 biggest recruiting busts of the Internet era. Oregon only "earns" one spot in the list (along with a couple of honorable mentions), but it's at the top.
- Oregon beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff last night 3-2 at PK Park, though the victory came at the expense of another injury. The latest injury is to shortstop J.J. Altobelli, who injured his shoulder as a baserunner diving back to first.
- The baseball team jumped eight spots in the latest rankings from Baseball America and are now in the top 10 at #8. Up this week for the Ducks is a Wednesday game against Portland (in Salem-Kaiser) and then a three game series against Washington State.
- Alex Keudell was named the Pac-12 pitcher of the week for the second consecutive week after his Friday victory against Stanford. As the official release notes, Keudell has allowed just two runs in his last 32 innings of work and is now tied for 3rd all-time in career wins at Oregon with 17.
- Over at fish duck, Jerod Young gives us a brief history on Oregon baseball as he examines the success of this year's team. Altogether a lengthy read, but worth it.
- Former Oregon standout Amanda Johnson was selected 33rd overall in last night's WNBA draft by the Phoenix Mercury.
There's a couple of post-practice interviews from yesterday after the jump.