"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."
Onto the Quack:
- Really fun episode of Tuesday Night Talks last night, as Matt and I were joined by Charles and Kurt of Fishduck.com. We don't talk a ton of Xs and Os on ATQ, and it was fun to just wonk out with these guys. Remember, Tuesday Night Talks is now on iTunes, so please rate and review us.
- George Schroeder points out something that we've been saying for a couple of weeks: Oregon is having an aboslutely amazing spring. Mens and womens track are both conference champions, with the women favored to win a national title, softball is in the super-regionals, baseball is on track to win the Pac-12 title and host a super-regional, and golf is in the NCAA championships. Add that to a Rose Bowl win and an NCAA trip for volleyball, and you're talking about the most successful season in the history of Oregon athletics.
- Baseball plays their home finale tonight against Portland at PK Park. If you're in the Eugene area, get out to the park and support your Diamond Ducks.
- One of our man crushes is Ashton Eaton, and he;s part of the one of the most impressive hurdling fields ever at the Prefontaine Classic.
- DeAnthony Thomas is on the preseason watch list for the Jet Award, given to the nation's best kick returner.
- Finally, Oregon State fan can rest easy, as the sportsbra jerseys have finally been topped in the realm of bad gear. As Matt Daddy linked in yesterday's comments, some UW students have designed giant purple onesies for their student athletes to wear. Giant purple onesies. My nine month old daughter thinks that ridiculous.
That's all the quack I found for today. As more is uncovered, be sure to share.