I don't care who the greatest University of Oregon Track and Field star is. We are in the business of producing legends. Who needs "great" when you have legendary?
- Who do you think of when you're asked who your favorite Ducks are of all time? One of mine happens to be Duck Alum Max Unger who is currently in the NFL playing for the Seattle Seahawks. Turns out, he is the self-described "biggest Duck Fan ever" and gives his thoughts on the upcoming season and what games he expects to get to in 2012. He also gives his thoughts on the Tennessee Titans and some of the Olympic contests he's been able to watch.
- If you follow Addicted to Quack on Twitter, you'd know about a set of Nike Lunar TR1's that have been floating around the Interwebs. We had got some great feedback on whether or not readers would pay the steep price for them. I'm betting Daisy has already inquired if they are making a version with a heel. Would you pay $230 for these? Also, how would you feel about UO branded shoes being available through the Duck Store?
- While eyes have been squared firmly on the Olympics and the upcoming football season, Women's Volleyball begins with the Green-Yellow Exhibition game this Saturday. The team is poised to have a great season, picked to finish 4th in the NCAA's top volleyball conference.
- The quarterback competition isn't the only two-man race heating up during fall camp. Football returns 3 out of 4 starters in the secondary with only Eddie Pleasant missing from last year's group. That leaves the door open for junior cornerbacks Brian Jackson and Avery Patterson to step up into some big shoes. Secondary coach John Neal says the starting job competition could last well into the season.
- Daniel Mediate from Oregon Live takes a look at Week 3 football opponent Tennessee Tech.
- Apparently some members of the Oregonian have snuck past the heavily guarded outposts near Autzen Stadium and have escaped with damaging photos of something resembling "practice". Now that these photos have become public, I fully expect the Oregonian to be sued by Apple or Samsung saying that they were the ones that invented taking pictures.
And finally, we give you the cutest thing on the Internet today... a Slow Loris eating some rice!