It is officially game week. Let's get right to the quack:
- Big news obviously was the naming of Mariota as the starting QB for the Ducks. This competition, that started last fall, came down to 3 things: turnovers, decision-making and scoring (sounds exactly like a point guard stats). Marcus beat out a returning QB with starting experience, won over coaches and teammates, and took the reins of one of the most prolific offenses in all of college football. Guess the hard part is over Marcus, now you just have to go out and prove to everyone that you deserved it.
- Bennett is definitely disappointed by not being named the starter, but he's saying all the right things so far. I hope he keeps his hopes up and keeps working, Oregon has needed a quality #2 QB almost every year and no one knows that better than Bennett.
- The entire depth chart was released on Friday as well, and while there is some consternation among idiot fans like this guy, Kelly seems pretty open about the fact that things are likely to change. Kelly said, "We were told to send out a two-deep eight days before the game. We sent out a two-deep eight days before the game."
- Cliff Harris is now looking for a job. It looks like Philly didn't want to cut him until late, and word is he'll probably get picked up rather quickly too.
- While it was a quiet off season for the Ducks (whew!) the local media has definitely gotten a shake up. Adam Jude moved from the Register Guard to the Oregonian, and George Schroeder is moving on to USA Today. Best of luck to all the guys on their future endeavors. Now, how do we get rid of this guy?
- Couple of quick recruiting notes, Thomas Tyner is back at practice and Dontre Wilson re-affirmed his commitment to the Ducks. With Byron Marshall most likely seeing some time this year and these 2 guys coming in next year, the backfield for the Ducks is looking loaded for the near future.
Plenty of quack hitting the stands later today. Make sure to drop any other pieces in the comments.