No time for an intro today, lets get straight to the quack:
- We'll start indoors, where the volleyball team swept Oregon State in the Pac-12 opener to improve to 10-0 on the season. The Ducks were dominant and had four players with double-digit kills on the match. The Ducks have lost only three sets all season, and are up to #8 in the country. Next up is a trip to #2 USC on Friday, a match that will be televised on the Pac-12 Network.
- It appears as if the next facility added to the University's arsenal may be a private golf course for use by the school's golf teams. It looks like this is a project that will only get off the ground if donors pony up the entire costs of the project, which is good. However, neighbors are already questioning potential environmental issues with the project.
- Dana Altman could be close to adding another transfer, as he met with 6'7" power forward Arsalan Kazemi, who was just given his release from Rice. Kazemi was second-team all-Conference USA, and averaged a double-double last season. While Altman has done a good job of finding transfers to fill holes, I'm beyond ready for his program to start developing some freshmen of their own.
- How about some football news? About 1000 standing room only seats have gone on sale for the Arizona game. Aaron Fentress talks about how Chip Kelly was influenced by Rich Rodriguez. Bill Musgrave has been given the Leo Harris award, for continued service to the University (now get off his lawn.) And Moseley has an article about Nick Aliotti recruiting his hometown of Pittsburg, California, including current players Avery Patterson and Erick Dargan.
- Finally, check out our friends at Arizona Desert Swarm for their takes on this weekend's game.
That's all I've got for today. We've got several articles coming out today about the Oregon-Arizona matchup. Hope you enjoy!