Plenty o' quack to go around this morning, so let's dive right in and see what we can find:
- First off, while Auburn may have stolen a National Championship away from Oregon, they helped the Ducks this weekend by putting up a valiant fight against LSU and taking some of the luster off the Tiger's bandwagon. Oregon jumped up to #2 in the polls and considering LSU and Bama play each other and the way the Pac is shaping up, it is completely in Oregon's control to make it back to the big game again this year if they take care of their business.
- Boy there is a lot of talk right now about the offense struggling. I love the fact that Oregon's offense putting up 35 points and 500 yards is considered a C- grade. You realize that by almost any metric except "my slanted viewpoint that will help drive webclicks" this is a to 10 offense nationally? Was the defense just that good Saturday that people are just expecting that much more from the offense?
- I agree with Goe that so far the Beavers have been most impressive, but that's just because of what people were expecting out of them. We've seen Mike Riley teams beat ranked opponents before, but keeping it up throughout an entire season is another thing.
- I would change this title to "Colt Lylera can line up anywhere... he wants." I know I'm not telling him he can't.
- Big props to Ifo Ekpre-Olomu for making National Defensive Back Performer of the Week. Rightly deserved with the performance he put on Saturday.
- Here's my biggest take away from Saturday. In Feldman's words, Oregon took a young dynamic QB in Mariota, a super-fast superstar De'Anthony Thomas and a cutting edge, warp-speed scheme offense and added a power back and a shut down defense to it. I'd like to wish all the coaches in the Pac 12 good luck in game planning against that.
That's all the quack I got. Leave anymore in comments.