It sure is great to have college football back in our lives. You're now able to make your picks for this week's jersey contest, so don't forget to head over to our pool at funofficepools.com.
- Three first-year players saw extensive action on the lines against Arkansas State, with Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner at defensive end and Kyle Long at left tackle. All three had solid debuts and should continue to see plenty of meaningful snaps, particularly Armstead and Buckner if Jared Ebert's injury is as significant as it appears.
- Aaron Fetnress also has a story on Long's debut, who talks not only about his first gameday experience at Autzen but also trying to pick up the Oregon offense in a few short weeks.
- The injury news for left tackle Tyler Johnstone is better, as he told reporters that he'll be full go at today's practice after taking it easy on Monday.
- Ted Miller has his week 2 power rankings with Oregon in second, though he notes that Oregon has closed the distance between them and the Trojans after Marcus Mariota's performance on Saturday. In case you missed it yesterday afternoon, the Pac-12 blog named Mariota it's player of the week and also took a quick look at the upcoming week 2 games.
- In case you're interested, here's John Hunt's AP ballot. His top 5 are: Alabama, USC, LSU, Oregon and Oklahoma.
- FishDuck has a video report up from the Arkansas State game.
- The undefeated Duck volleyball team (6-0) climbed up to #13 in the latest AVCA poll after a weekend that included a sweep of #10 Kentucky.