We're a bit behind today, so let's just straight to the quack.
- Jen Beyrle broke on twitter yesterday that Jerry Azzinaro would be following Chip Kelly to Philadelphia. This was to be expected. Also joining him will be current graduate assistants Greg Austin and Todd Lyght. Former graduate assistant (and player) Matthew Harper rounds out the group.
- Unfortunately, more bad news broke today. Football Scoop is reporting that assistant director of operations and recruiting Josh Gibson will follow Chip Kelly to Philadelphia, as will associate athletic director for James Harris. Both were big assets to the program, and will be missed.
- In coaching search news, Rob Moseley reports that Oregon simply resumed their earlier search, rather than start a new one. Kerry Eggers claims that Oregon complied with the state's Rooney Rule and interviewed Arizona State defensive coordinator Paul Randolph.
- Duck Territory is reporting that the new head coach will be announced on Monday. I wonder who it will be!
- Last night, Ken Goe wrote an article on athletic director Rob Mullens. With Chip Kelly gone, Mullens faces a huge test that he wasn't expecting a few days ago. It sounds like Helfrich will be the hire, and Mullens is putting his own future in Helfrich's hands. With the amount of time that Mullens has had to think and prepare for this opportunity, I have to believe he's comfortable with the decision.
- Here's the Register Guard's recap of Oregon's close win at USC. The Ducks were up 10 with a couple minutes left, but let it become a game.
That's all I got, leave anything else in the comments. GO DUCKS!