Highlights (from yesterday's practice report)
- The Oregon defense got a bit of extra work, going against both the No. 1 and No. 2 defense.
- Pharaoh Brown looks like he's just about ready for his breakout. Now he just needs some targets.
- Mosley also notes that father and son will coach against each other in the Oregon/Colorado matchup this weekend. Gary Bernardi is the offensive line coach at Colorado, and his son Joe is a grad assistant at Oregon.
Tweet Of The Day
P12 has gone 29-4 in non-conf. play, 6-3 against ACC/B10/SEC. Non-conf. opponents' winning % was .661, the highest of any AQ league.— Paul Myerberg (@PaulMyerberg) October 2, 2013
- Looks like we'll get to see more of Byron Marshall and Thomas Tyner this weekend. Coach Campbell has effectively ruled out the possibility of DAT playing against the Buffs.
- Thomas talked a bit more yesterday about the first injury in his career.
- Jason Quick has a profile on Ayele Forde, and the art of kickoff coverage.
- Don't expect the altitude to affect Oregon too much on Saturday. As they already have shown, they're great at blocking out things they can't control.
- Basketball season is right around the corner. The Register Guard has a piece on the Oregon women's team, noting that they are finally healthy. After being down to only 7 players at times last season, hopefully they'll improve from last season's dismal performance.