Practice Highlights (from Oregon's official practice report):
- Monday marked the first team practice after Colt Lyerla's departure.
- De'Anthony Thomas left practice without a boot.
- After being held without a first down in the clutch drill, the Marcus Mariota found Bralon Addison through the air for a touchdown in the tempo drill.
Quote of the day:
Obviously, he is a tremendous athlete that will be missed, but guys like Johnny, Pharaoh, Koa, and Evan all work as hard in practice as anyone. Those guys will have opportunities and I look forward to seeing what they can do.
- Marcus Mariota on replacing Colt Lyerla.
- Oh noes!!! Washington's defense is prepared for the Ducks on Saturday after practicing against their own up-tempo offense. Maybe it's time to slow it down?
- The Oregonian has a few videos looking back at Colt Lyerl's career at Oregon.
- Marcus Mariota was named the Pac-12 offensive player of the week after accounting for seven touchdowns on Saturday. This marks the third such honor this season for an Oregon player.
- Looking for some entertainment to balance out the panic during HIHWW? The Pac-12 network will be airing Oregon's 1994 game against the huskies tonight. The game will be shown at 8 pm, with a full hour of commentary beginning at 7 pm.
- Over at the Duck Stops Here, Dale Newton breaks down some plays from the first quarter of Oregon's win against Colorado.
- Ted Miller has his usual weekly rewind and look ahead for the Pac-12. Miller also offers his thoughts on Lyerla's departure, calling it addition by subtraction.
- The football team isn't the only team participating in HIHWW--the women's golf team begins the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational today, which is hosted by washington.
- This is for ProbablyMonty: Someone noted yesterday that Fun Office Pools will be opening up picks on Tuesdays for the remainder of the season. So, don't forget to make your picks in the ATQ jersey contest.