- It's not necessarily the loss to Arizona that concerns me, it's the way the Ducks respond that does. For all that happened last week with DAT and Huff's comments to blow out loss to Arizona to OSU losing their 4th straight, I'm sure the Beavers would want nothing more than to come into Autzen Stadium and kick the Ducks while they are down. Helfrich and the Oregon coaches cannot let that happen.
- Helfrich is saying all the right things right now. He's taking the blame for the loss. I hope he reexamines a number of his recent strategies, namely taking the ball first on the kick off and throwing fade routes to the corner on 4th down in the red zone.
- Redemption? Now it's about pride. For a lot of these kids this is their last opportunity to play at Autzen. I hope their pride is strong enough so that they don't let a repeat of the sluggish, soft, and uninspired performance we saw on Saturday happen this week.
- No surprise here really as Oregon dropped to #13 in the BCS after their loss. The lowest ranking for the Ducks since 2009
- On a happier note, the basketball team had another decent outing as they beat San Francisco 100-82. Damyean Dotson had 17, while Elgin Cook led Oregon with 18. Dot and Mike Moser both agree however, that Oregon is still working on getting better and hasn't put together a complete game yet.
"You can say that again" Blurb of the Day
"It's a punch in the gut, no question about that,"UO coach Mark Helfrich said.
That's all the quack I got. If you find any other pieces, feel free to leave them in the comments below.