4. Oregon State 14 vs USC 31 - Wait, you mean you're not going to pass for 400 yards all over the field to Brandin Cooks when you're not playing Hawaii, San Diego St, or Cal? Yeah, who would have seen that coming. No running game, still terrible at defense. ASU, Uw and Oregon still left on their schedule. I'll go ahead and let people make the Mike Riley's teams get better throughout the season arguments now. [crickets]
5. Washington State 21 vs ASU 55 - Mike Leach got some more practice throwing to starters when blown out Saturday. Here's your 12 Pac Review question of the week: With Arizona, Utah and Uw left on the schedule and a 4-5 record, does WSU make a bowl game this year?
6. Cal 28 vs Arizona 33 - I don't know what to say about Cal now. It will be interesting to see which team gets their only Pac 12 win this season when they face off against Colorado in 2 weeks. Other than that I don't think many people expected them to be this bad.
1. ASU - I'm moving ASU up to #1 in the power poll of the South because I like what they are putting together. Their defense is still incredibly solid in the middle and their offense is starting to figure out who the playmakers are. They're going to boat race OSU in 2 weeks and then division championship will be on the line when they face Ucla the weekend before Thanksgiving.
2. Ucla 45 vs Colorado 23 - Nice bounce back game for Brett Hundley passing for 273 yards and 2 TDs and 72 yards on the ground. I think Oregon exposed something in Ucla and that is their inability to run the ball. ASU will feast on that and I'm sticking with my preseason pick of ASU winning the South.
3. USC - Hey Pat Haden, I don't think you could go wrong with either Mike Riley or Ed Orgeron as head coach. Go ahead and hire one of them.
4. Arizona - You want to know how bad Cal's defense is? BJ Denker was 24 for 38 for 261 yards and zero INTs.
Next Week's Games
Oregon at Stanford (Thursday Night)
USC at Cal
ASU at Utah
Colorado at UW
Ucla at Arizona