- In case you didn't hear, the Ducks accepted a bid to play in the Alamo Bowl against the Texas Longhorns. Go ahead and continue the talk about what Bowl Oregon does or doesn't deserve. I find it odd that the Pac 12 was one of the toughest conferences in college football, plays a 9 game conference schedule and will only send 1 team to a BCS game where the ACC, Big Ten and Big XII all send 2.
- Andrew Greif talks about the last time these two teams met in a Bowl game. Oregon was just celebrating its first 10 win season in its history and Joey Harrington wasn't as afraid to play teams as he is today.
- The men's basketball team stayed undefeated on the year taking out Ole Miss 115-105 in overtime. Marshall Henderson did his best to keep Mississippi in the game with 39 points and 10 3-pointers, but in the end it was too much Johnathan Loyd, Joesph Young and Mike Moser. This is another solid win for the resume of the Ducks, but if anyone else saw what Colorado did to Kansas this weekend, you'll quickly understand the Pac 12 is going to be a gauntlet this year. Hopefully the conference gets more than 1
- The volleyball team season ended at the hand of the Huskers. Not as exciting a run as last year, but still a great season by the Lady Ducks.
- Finally, in the category of making news out of nothing, a snowball fight got too rambunctious, a man got snow thrown on him, in the end he didn't really care, but news articles had to be written, outrage feigned and social media turned ugly.
[Insert derogatory comment about Major Applewhite] of the Day:
I will never forget the day Major Applewhite said I wasn't good enough ...— Huff 2Live (@Huff_Era_1) December 7, 2013