With the Ducks going dancing, nearly all the quack this morning is basketball related. Despite the seeming disrespect of the 12-seed, I am really looking forward to Thursday's game.
- Bob Clark has a story on some of the 12-vs-5 upsets that have happened in the first round of the tournament, though Coach Altman doesn't think a Duck victory will be an upset. Oklahoma State's coach, Tom Ford, also calls Oregon "one of the best 12 seeds [he's] ever seen."
- The ODE has a nice story on Arsalan Kazemi and his six months at Oregon.
- Adam Jude writes about the relationship between Dominic Artis and the Blazer's Damian Lillard. Both players grew up in Oakland and went through the same AAU system together.
- And the Ducks are back in the top-25 this week after winning the conference tournament. The Ducks are #25 in the AP and #24 in the USA Today poll. If you're bummed out about the 12-seed, it's probably not worth it to look to closely at the teams listed behind Oregon in the receiving other votes section.
- Not to be lost in the start of the tournament this week is the end of the winter academic quarter at Oregon, which means that many on the team will be taking exams while on the road. Also noted is that EJ Singler is currently 12th all time in scoring and 11th in rebounds, needing 45 points and 18 boards to move into the top-10 of each category.
- And, for your football fix, Rob Moseley has a spring football capsule on the quarterback position. Not a whole lot of intrigue there.