You know I'm a better cop when I get some in the morning, I feel lighter on my feet.
Onto the Quack:
- Baseball picked up a win on the Bluff yesterday, smacking three home run en route to an 11-7 victory over the Portland Pilots. Oregon improves to 30-10, and completes a season sweep of the Pilots. Next up: Stanford ace Mark Appell on Friday, the likely No. 1 pick in the MLB draft.
- Former Oregon assistant was a surprise hire as coach of the Charlotte Bobcats this past NBA season, and the marriage didn't last long. Dunlap was fired yesterday after finishing 21-61 in his only season on the sidelines.
- Rob Moseley introduces us to DL Stetzon Bair, Brandon's little brother.
- The new college football playoff has an official name: College Football Playoff. Way to be creative, guys.
- The latest mock drafts for Todd McShay and Mel Kiper, Jr., are out and, not surprisingly, both have Dion Jordan in the top ten. McShay lists Jordan at No. 7 to Arizona, while Kiper has him at No. 6 to Cleveland. The big surprise is that Kiper has Kyle Long sneaking in the first round, at No. 30 to Atlanta.
- Finally, Baseball America's stock report lists Oregon as the eighth and final national seed in the NCAA Tournament.
That's all I've got for today. Remember yesterday's advice from the comments: stay away from Double Take Brewery. Bad beer alert.