Not a lot of news out there this morning, but here's what I could scrounge up:
- The baseball team gets one final shot at Oregon State tonight in Corvallis in a non-conference matchup. While this game won't count in the Pac-12 standings, the Ducks are two games back after dropping the last two over the weekent to the Beavers. Oregon will finish up the regular season with a road series against Utah this weekend.
- Over at the Pac-12 blog, Ted Miller presents five things the conference (and some of its members) need to do in the final 100 days before the 2013 season begins. Resolving Oregon's NCAA case comes in a #1.
- In the latest ranking by Baseball America, Oregon slipped down to #11 while the Beavers rose two spots to #4. UCLA (#8) and ASU (#19) are the two other Pac-12 schools inside the top-25.
- Memphis transfer Tarik Black has decided to play his final season at Kansas. Black had been considering Oregon along with Duke, Ohio State and Georgetown and had been rumored to be favoring the Ducks a few weeks ago.
- Shortstop J.J. Altobelli was one of fourteen named to the latest watch list for the Brooks Wallace Award, given to the nation's top shortstop. The sernior is hitting .283 with 23 RBI and 30 runs scored in 55 starts, along with a .981 fielding percentage.
- In his latest track & field notebook, Ken Goe has a segment on Parker Stinson, who will be returning home to Austin this week as Oregon competes in the NCAA West Regional. Stinson will compete in the 10K and 5K and is seeded as the 3rd and 4th seed, respectively.