It's a well-established fact that the days immediately before and after the Major League Baseball All-Star Game are the slowest sports days of the year. We're scraping the bottom of the barrel here in search of Quack:
- Former Oregon closer Jimmie Sherfy made his professional debut, pitching a scoreless seventh inning for the Hillsboro Hops, the Single-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Oregon and Stanford are hoping to make a run at their first national title.
- UO student Justin Chavarria won $250,000 playing MLB 2K13.
- For entertainment purposes, Andy Staples did a college football mock draft. Five Ducks are selected.
- If the errors caused you to miss your entry into the summer compliance challenge earlier in the week, everything is fixed now.
- Finally, if you need a little extra oomph on that job resume, just hire a professional liar.