USE THIS GOOGLE DOC TO SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS
Here are the answers to the first set of questions (link to last week's post). I'm betting a lot of you are batting a thousand in your pursuit of that $25 Duck Store gift card.
1. In football, when is it permissible for the head coach to make a telephone call to a prospective student-athlete who is in his junior year of high school:A. April 15-May 31.2. It is permissible for a football coach at an institution located in the state of Pennsylvania to conduct several institutional camps in Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri in order to attract more prospective student-athletes?B. False.3. An institution's football coach's hometown is in the state of California. The coach now coaches at a Division one institution in the state of Texas. The coach would like to host an institutional football camp in his hometown. It would be permissible for him to do so.B. False.
4. A full grant-in-aid consists of:
B. Tuition and fees, room and board, and required course-related books only.5. Which of the following is true concerning the permissible number of recruiting opportunities (contacts and evaluations combined):
D. Three contacts and four evaluations.
Here are this week's questions. Remember to use the Google doc at the top of the page to submit your answers. Good luck!
1. A coach talks with a prospective student-athlete at the SA's high school at 10 a.m., talks to the guidance counselor about the prospective SA at 1 p.m., and watches the SA practice at 3 p.m. In this scenario, the coach has used:
A. One contact and two evaluations. B. One evaluation only. C. One contact and one evaluation. D. One contact only.
2. During the summer evaluation period in men's basketball, it is NOT permissible for coaches to evaluate at which of the following:
A. Certified events. B. Institutional camps. C. Non-institutional, non-organized events (e.g. pick-up games). D. All of the above.
3. In men's basketball, two coaches engaged in off-campus recruiting activities on the same day use _____ recruiting-person days:
A. 0 B. 1 C. 2 D. 4
4. In basketball, an institution's coach may be involved in nonscholastic based basketball (e.g. local club team) activities under which of the following conditions:
A. The team includes the coach's child and the team participants are of the opposite gender than the team that the staff member of the institution is associated with.
B. Basketball coaches are not permitted to be involved in any manner with nonscholastic based basketball. C. None of the above. D. A+B.
5. During the month of May, it is permissible for an institution's basketball coach to lecture at a non-institutional basketball camp that is operated under restrictions applicable to institutional camps:
A. True. B. False.