Highlights (From Oregon's official practice reports):
- Oregon held a situational scrimmage in full pads at Autzen Stadium.
- Oregon was 0-3 in situations requiring a game-winning touchdown, but did better in field goal situations.
- Freshman Matt Wogan was 5-5 on field goals, including a 47-yarder to end practice. Senior Alejandro Maldonado was 4-5, missing his 47-yarder.
- Freshman RB Thomas Tyner left practice early in a walking boot.
"The cast should be off by the end of this week; then I'll be back running and everything," Brown said. "Trying to keep it immobilized so I don't put any weight on it."
Brown would appear to be the leading candidate to back up Colt Lyerla at tight end, so his loss would mean more than his two receptions last season might show.
The 6-foot-6, 241-pound sophomore said he does not expect to miss a game.
"I'll probably play limited, I don't know yet, but the plan is to be back for Nicholls State," he said.
Tyner's injury "minor" according to source. Boot was preventative.— John Canzano (@JohnCanzanoBFT) August 14, 2013
EA Sports' future in NCAA video games takes another hit. The SEC has also announced it will NOT participate " http://t.co/C9Pf3C6WrX— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 14, 2013
ATQ Audio (from Jake Tabor's practice report):
- The Oregonian's Jason Quick profiles TE Colt Lyerla.
- Oregon loosens up the requirements for fans bringing seats into the game.
- This isn't the only place I've heard rumors of basketball recruit Feliciano Cristiano bypassing Oregon for the pro ranks in Brazil.
- Former Duck heptathlete Brianne Thiesen-Eaton took home the silver medal at the world championships.