Day 3 of the new Quack Fix format is here and ready to take on the world. While Jared might have insinuated that I would break the chain, I will NOT be the guy to initiate a c-c-c-combo breaker! My money is on Matt Daddy for Monday.
Highlights (from Oregon's official practice reports)
- Oregon was in shells and continued their work on down and distance situations.
- A few new situational periods were added along with a hurry-up drill named "Fuji" that was described yesterday.
- Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner, and Christian French played in the same front 7. Each was noted as 1st or 2nd round talent by HeismanPundint.com.
- Helfrich noted that coaches can usually tell by now who will potentially redshirt but everyone in this group has been impressive.
- No word in the report about the status of De'Anthony Thomas.
Blurb of the Day
Big news when it comes to future opponents on the schedule. He could be out for Tennessee's opener and playing through the injury in Eugene.
Tennessee senior DE Jacques Smith out 4-6 weeks w/fractured right hand. Vols open season 3 weeks vs. Austin Peay— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) August 8, 2013
Friday Video of the Day
We all learn about sports from somewhere. One of my first memories of learning about football was the "You Make the Call!" series from the 1980's. I wonder how far away from a "If you think that was holding, tweet #holding2013" type of scenario.
- Women's soccer starts up practice and new head coach Kat Mertz wants to set the right tone.
- Nice feature on wide receiver B.J. Kelley but the really impressive part of the article is the linked vine to what Kelley calls the "death drop". If football doesn't work out, he's a sure fire limbo champion.
- A firm in Portland designed several art pieces for the new football center.
- LeGarrette Blount has noticed a number of changes with Chip Kelly's program in Philadelphia.