- Ducks picked up some ground on Alabama in both polls gaining more #1 overall votes in the ESPN Coaches and AP Poll. I'll say this about the polls though, if Oregon and Alabama both take care of business this year, there is no doubt they will be in the Championship. The interesting question arises if either one of them stumbles (cough... Notre Dame 2012... cough).
- Like I was saying
- Oregon will prepare for their Pac 12 opener against Cal this weekend. Recent history for the Ducks has been pretty good in season openers with a 31.4 average margin of victory since 2006.
- Andrew Greif has a nice profile on Johnny Mundt (without the hidden smiles and confusion about one word answers). You have to love this next adaptation of the Oregon offense. Build a plethora of talented tight-ends and speedy wideouts and watch the mayhem it creates on offense. Guys too fast to be covered one-on-one coupled with guys too big to be covered by defensive backs. Your move Pac 12.
- More on Johnny F-ing Touchdown giving teams a case of the Mundt-days.
- Quietly this guy is putting together a stellar 2013 season. DAT, Mariota, Lyerla, Mundt, Tyner, and even Addison seem to get more pub than Huff, but that hasn't stopped him from emerging as a leader.
Well, that's all the Quack I got on this throw-back Quack Fix day. If you find any other pieces
lying laying around feel free to drop them in the comments.