Highlights (from Monday's practice report)
- Ducks were indoors to kick off practices for Virginia.
- Torrodney Prevot enjoyed being indoors in the heat.
- Marcus Mariota, despite an interception by Derrick Malone, was reportedly sharp most of practice
- The defense got the better of both the ones and twos in clutch scenarios to end practice.
Blurb of the day:
Often times upperclassmen will put a young guy in his place that has been a really hot player in high school, and say ‘Hey. You are at Oregon now. You have to start all over.’ We encourage it. We tell those guys ‘Don’t be ashamed to tell the guy next to you that ‘Hey, that’s not the Oregon way, that’s not what we do.''
--Gary Campbell on the culture and the "Oregon way" of the football team.
- Thomas Tyner sounds like he's ready to play on Saturday.
- Dale Newton has a couple of pieces up at The Duck Stops Here. First, a recap of the Cavaliers' first game --- a 19-16 victory against BYU at home this weekend. And second, he grades Oregon's opening drive against Nichols State.
- Ted Miller has Oregon #2 in his weekly conference power rankings and also takes a quick look at this week's conference games.
- In case you missed it in the fan shots, Rusty_Ryan has his own rundown of week 1.