Dave's internet went out this morning, so apologies for the late quack. Here's what I could find on short notice
- The Ducks hired a new OLB coach yesterday, former Oregon GA Eric Chinadner. As Moseley notes, he'll be a familiar face with a familiar style. He's spent the last 5 years working with Jerry Azzinaro, so he'll bring more energy to the team. At 34 years old, he'll also bring some to recruiting as well, and he's already hitting the road in preparation for signing day.
- It was an important day for Helfrich to get all his defensive ducks in a row, as today is the end of recruiting dead period, and his staff is out hitting the recruiting trail, as Andrew Greif notes. Greif also shares a few quotes he gathered over the week on the defensive coaching search.
- Greif also has more quotes from former players praising Pellum's hire. As the dust has settled from the staff changes, I'm cautiously optimistic about the direction of the program.
- Men's basketball Civil War is coming up this weekend, and one little subplot is that Dana Altman and Craig Robinson don't see eye-to-eye on transfers. Robinson made some comments about transfers over the weekend, and Altman responded: "I have no idea what he said. I have no idea what his opinion is. He’s got a right to it, but I don’t really care."
- It'll be a big game for both programs. Both need to bounce back after starting 1-3 in conference. One thing's for sure: expect a lot of points on Sunday.
- Lastly, you might want to bookmark this one for when you have some time to kill, Bill Connelly runs through the top 100 games of the 2013 college football season.