Normal Gate a.k.a. "Nookie Gate"


The third oldest thing on the University of Oregon campus today -- Normal Gate. Built in 1885 as a tribute to the closing of the Normal School at the UO, it was buried for decades and long-forgotten, until 2004 when it was excavated and restored back to its original condition, where it still stands today back at its original location.