- Busy weekend for Duck sports, but let's start it off with a recap of the Ducks finally dropping a basketball gameto #20 Colorado last night. No shame in this loss. Colorado had a great game plan of get the ball inside and attack Oregon's thin front court. This resulted in 39 free throw attempts (cough...shitty refs... cough) and 56% shooting from the field for the Buffs. All in all, a split on the Mountain Road Trip is a good start for the Ducks and something that would have won them the conference title last season.
- The women's team wasn't as fortunate as they dropped their second in a row in the Bay Area 101-98 at Cal. So far this season has been a vast improvement from last year and you have to think Mullens made the right decision in keeping Westhead.
- Late last night the Ducks picked up another 4* recruit in Jimmie Swain. According to Duck Territory, that gives the Ducks the #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12 right now.
- At the same time, it was learned that Johnny Ragin will be transferring from Cal to enroll at Oregon. Ragin was high on the Duck's recruiting board last year, so this is another good pick up for Oregon as signing day approaches.
- #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12, and with Mariota, Grasu and possibly Ifo staying, you have to like the way the off season has started out for Oregon. A guy who won't be on the team next year is De'Anthony Thomas. Thomas will forgo his senior season to enter the NFL draft. There's not a lot left the kid has to prove at Oregon and you have to be happy that he's making his dream come true. Best of luck DAT.
GIF of the Day: My favorite DAT highlight of all time
That's the quick quack I got. Leave any other pieces in the comments below