Good morning my fellow ATQers! Another great win for Mariota and the boys last night. This means you can all forgo the PANIC today and enjoy some of the other games on the docket. Here's to chaos and anything that improves Oregon's chances at making a Playoff spot. Have a great Saturday everyone!
Texas @ (11) Kansas State (ESPN) - Kansas State is the only undefeated team in Big 12 play, and a win against the Longhorns would mark the 500th victory in school history. The Wildcats are also the only team in the conference with a winning record (8-6) against Texas.
(25) UCLA @ Colorado (P12) - UCLA has a conference-low 10 sacks, but they're 3-0 against Colorado in conference play. Hundley is the reason to watch this game, if there is a reason necessary.
(1) Mississippi State @ Kentucky (CBS) - Kentucky has lost 15 consecutive games against top-25 opponents, and the top-ranked Bulldogs will be playing their first game as the top-ranked team in the country in the school's history. Mississippi State is bringing most of their team back healthy and rested after a bye week last week. This will be a good test for the team to see how they handle being the top-dog.
Michigan @ (8) Michigan State (ABC) - As a Michigander (that's what we're called), I am intrigued by this game. Michigan has had a nightmare of a season, from their AD to Brady Hoke and the Shane Morris concussion incident. Yet this could very easily be a trap game for the Spartans as they could possibly be focusing their attention on their game against Ohio State for B10 supremacy. Realistically, the outcome of this match isn't a question.
Texas Tech @ (10) TCU (Fox) - TCU has been quietly impressive this season, averaging 45 ppg and coming into this match with only one loss (against Baylor). Frogs quarterback Trevone Boykin could have a field day against the 3-4 Raiders.
(15) Arizona @ Washington State (P12) - Both the Wildcats and the Cougs had a bye week last week, and both teams lost their respective games before their bye week. If WSU wins (stop laughing....please stop laughing....), it will certainly eliminate Arizona's chances at representing the P12 South in the conference game. Wildcats quarterback Anu Solomon is ninth in the FBS with 2,136 passing yards this season.
(3) Ole Miss @ (24) LSU (ESPN) - LSU is winless against the SEC West, but that is still somewhat understandable. The Tigers have looked very good in the last two weeks, and Ole Miss has become a team with a target on their back. This could end up being one of the more competitve games today.
(4) Alabama @ Tennessee (ESPN2) - How bad will the Vols faithful boo our ol' buddy Lane Kiffin? The Tide had a dominating game against Texas A&M last week, walking away with an impressive 59-0 victory. Watching film of that game isn't likely to save Tennessee.
South Carolina @ (5) Auburn (SEC) - The Tigers come into this game with a chip on their shoulder after losing to current #1 team Mississippi State, but they had a dominating performance (winning 41-7) against LSU the week before that. Auburn will have to run the table in order to win their division and have a shot at the College Football Playoffs.
(13) Ohio State @ Penn State (ABC) - I have an affinity for the Nittany Lions, spending a lot of last fall in State College. That said, Ohio State is going to obliterate them. PSU's 4'2 record is misleading, as their offensive line has been a disappointment, and they lost to a terrible Michigan team. Lions' quarterback Christian Hackenberg has a lot of tools, but he is raw and telegraphs most of his passes. OSU freshman quarterback J.T. Barrett has made the loss of Braxton Miller an afterthought. He has accounted for 20 touchdowns on the season.
(20) USC @ (19) Utah (FS1) - We love out P12 games, don't we? Utah has been a pleasant surprise this season, coming into this game with a respectable 5-1 record. USC did the Ducks a solid by giving Arizona their first loss, and the Trojans have run for more than 200 yards in four consecutive games. Fun fact - Utah's 33 sacks lead the nation.