- Thanks to outgunning Cal on Friday night paired with a loss by Ole Miss to LSU, the Ducks moved one spot up in the AP Top 25, checking in at No. 5. Next up? Beat Stanford in November. Gulp...
- Rob Moseley has his preview of the Stanford game. As he points out, this game won't have the same national spotlight as it had the past couple of years, but it's still a major game. The Ducks can redeem their recent losses to the Cardinal, as well as take a stranglehold of the Pac-12 North. With one loss already, every game is do-or-die for the Ducks from here on out.
- The Salt Lake Tribune had a nice piece about the value of the Pac-12 and their one-loss teams. The four one-loss teams in the conference rank between No. 5 and No. 18 while the one-loss SEC teams rank between No. 3 and No. 9. Advantage SEC.
- regon basketball fans should be well prepared for a rough season this year after their tournament roster from last year was virtually imploded. Joe Young recently said that it's not all about him this year as he tries to improve his NBA stock. Dana Altman knows otherwise.
- The Oregon volleyball team dropped a hard-fought five set match to No. 18 Arizona State on Friday night. Liz Brenner tied a career high in digs with 20 while co-leading the team with 17 kills. The Ducks are back in action on October 31 against California, followed by a match with Stanford on November 2.