Happy Thursday felllow ATQ denziens. A most welcome fall fog is setting in over the North Willamette Valley. Looks like a great time for some Quack:
Practice Notes (from Moseley's official report):
- Oregon is stressing communication this week in practice. Failure to properly communicate coverage changes is what Oregon attributes to some defensive breakdowns on key plays against Arizona last week.
- The Ducks head down to UCLA this weekend in a matchup of two very dangerous, wounded animals. The Ducks haven't lost back-to-back games since 2007.
- Oregon is ranked #7 in the conference in a preseaon poll of Pac-12 basketball coaches. This seems a bit optimistic given the personnel. For an idea of how fast things can change in college hoops, Utah is ranked #2.
- Phil Knight left last week's post game press conference early. Leave it to Canzano to use that as a sign to question Knight's commitment to the program.
- The Register-Guard has a ton of basketball notes, including a look at new coach Mike Mennenga.
Coach Pellum, bring pressure please.