- Despite a statement win over Stanford this weekend, the Ducks held steady at No. 5 in this week's AP poll. It'll be interesting to see if Oregon is able to crack the top four when the latest College Football Playoff rankings are released tomorrow.
- Oregon may have solved its "Stanford problem," but they still have a "November problem." USC in 2011. Stanford in 2012. Arizona and Stanford in 2013. The month of November hasn't been kind to the Ducks. They'll take the next step towards solving their November woes when they hit the road this week to face No. 20 Utah.
- Four-star basketball and football recruit Dillon Mitchell took an unofficial visit to Eugene over the weekend and looks to have made his decision. Mitchell will make his announcement at 1:30 pm on Tuesday.
- The calendar has flipped to November, which means the return of Oregon basketball. The Ducks will kick things off (unofficially) on Tuesday with an exhibition against Northwest Christian University. This matchup should feature my favorite heckle from the Pit Crew when they chant "Walk home safely" at the end of the annual blowout. Northwest Christian's "campus" is a 15 minute walk from Matthew Knight Arena.
- The Men and Women of Oregon had a successful showing at the Pac-12 cross country championships on Friday. The Oregon women took home the team title while Edward Cheserek won his second straight individual Pac-12 title, leading the men to a second place finish behind No. 1 Colorado.