Practice highlights (from Moseley's official report):
- Despite practicing in only helmets and shoulder pads on Monday, the coaching staff was pleased after practice.
- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu dropped by to visit with his teammates.
- For actual highlights, Johnny Mundt made a fingertip catch at the back of the end zone for a touchdown.
Quote of the day:
I'm here to play football with my teammates and I'm enjoying it. Nothing else matters.
--Thomas Tyner on being healthy and looking to contribute against Florida State.
- With his 28th season at Oregon nearing an end, offensive line coach Steve Greatwood plans to be back for 29th (and more).
- Tyson Alger has a Q&A with senior running back Kenny Bassett who offers his thoughts on the Rose Bowl, his touchdown in the Pac-12 conference game and Thomas Tyner.
- Here are Oregon's game notes for the Rose Bowl.
- Chantel Jennings asked several of Mariota's teammates if they could beat Marcus at anything. The most popular answers were to video games and golf, though I think Hamani Stevens is probably on the right track.
- Grantland has a couple of playoff-related articles. First, Matt Hinton previews the QB matchup of Mariota versus Jameis Winston. Also, Holly Anderson tries to help out those without a rooting interest pick a team to back.
- The basketball team pulled out a 69-67 overtime win against UC-Irvine in their final non-conference game. The Ducks head into conference play with a 9-3 record and will host Oregon State on January 3rd.
- On the women's side, basketball defeated Seattle U 70-44 in a game where the Ducks led by as much as 38. Jillian Alleyne chipped in 13 points and 15 rebounds, extending her conference record streak of double-double games to 20. Alleyne still has some work to do to break the NCAA record of 119 straight games.