Good morning, Ducks fans. You smell that? It's the sweet smell of roses and sunshine on New Year's Day.
- All the speculation is finally over. On Sunday, the field for the inaugural College Football Playoff was unveiled. The Ducks locked up the No. 2 seed, earning a berth in the Rose Bowl to face No. 3 Florida State.
- The matchup is the best case scenario, according to John Canzano. While they finished the regular season with a perfect 13-0 record, Florida State appears to be the most beatable and vulnerable team in the bracket.
- If you're a fan of checking out coverage from the opposition, head over to Tomahawk Nation, the Florida State blog here at SB Nation. If you do head over, play nice and don't make the rest of us look bad, please and thanks.
- The football team wasn't the only program on campus that had a successful weekend. The Oregon volleyball team defeated Santa Clara and LSU in the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament at Matthew Knight Arena, punching a ticket to the Sweet 16. The Ducks will face North Carolina on December 12. If the Ducks win, they'll face the winner of the Colorado State vs. Texas match.
- The Oregon men's basketball team fell to Ole Miss on Sunday at Matthew Knight Arena. The game initially looked as if it would go back and forth, but a 24-9 run by the Rebels to end the first half put them ahead for good.
Tweet of the Day
We could analyze every possible aspect of this matchup over the next three and a half weeks, including this one: