- New York Yankees' shortstop Derek Jeter is retiring and someone decided to go ask members of the Oregon Baseball team what they thought about it with some predictable results.
- Softball heads to Las Vegas to participate in the Easton Desert Classic this weekend. The Ducks are 4-1 and ranked at number 10 in the nation going into the weekend. With 5 other teams participating in the event, Oregon has a great shot and moving up in the national rankings and building some momentum.
- Here's a great feature on the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex at Autzen Stadium including some amazing photographs and floor plans with an architectural feel. Definitely worth checking out.
- The Pac-12 isn't planning on adjusting security measures in light of the spitting incident at Arizona State.
- Timothy Schley, who was a graduate Athletic Trainer for the Oregon Ducks Football team during the 2008 season, was arrested yesterday for alleged sexual abuse of a student at Willamette High School where he worked. He apparently was in a relationship with the student and police are investigating if others were involved.
Blurb of the Day
Ducks and Beavers, doing good things.
Had a great time helping raise money with @princec82 at Timber Ridge elementary school pic.twitter.com/oWe7OOrnvw— Will Murphy (@WillMurphy89) February 14, 2014
Friday Video of the Week
It has been awhile since we've had a good old fashion Friday Video of the Week. Time to restart that tradition. This week, we have a very fun rendition of "Sweet Child O' Mine" done in New Orleans Jazz style.