Oregon takes on Washington tonight at Matt Court, in the next of many must-win games for the Ducks to keep their NCAA tournament hopes afloat. I watched the Huskies in person this year when they played Cal, and it looked like CJ Wilcox and a bunch of guys that weren't very good. If Oregon can't beat this team at home, then the Dark Side of the Force will truly have won. On to the links!
- Terrance Mitchell talked to the NFL Network about wanting to improve his football IQ, and ran through the 5-10-5 drill and the 3-cone drill.
- Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich has been silent regarding the proposed NCAA rule change that would slow down uptempo teams, but other coaches have spoken out. In particular, Auburn's Gus Malzahn has blasted the potential change, saying there is "absolutely zero evidence" to support the claim that this rule is about player safety.
- Another player headed to the NFL draft combine is Boseko Lokombo, and he spoke to the Register-Guard about his NFL aspirations.
- The US media, and sports media in particular, is still suffering from an overabundance of white men.
- Lastly, the University of Oregon has a new provost! I'd be lying if I told you I knew what a provost does, but congratulations to Scott Coltrane. Also, how did I not know that Oregon's last provost was named Jim Beam?!? This should have been a bigger deal.