- Oregon got a huge upset victory over #3 Arizona this weekend. There are too many heroes to mention at once, but it is clear now that this team wouldn't be anywhere close to where they want to be without the play of Johnathan Loyd. The kid is a warrior, gets beat up in almost every game, but never backs down. There are plenty of players with bigger bodies in the Pac 12, but I bet there aren't many with bigger hearts.
- Also, quick side note. Congrats to all the seniors. Austin, Moser, Calliste, Amardi, Loyd and Lucenti.
- Andrew Greif has a nice piece on 4 takeaways from the victory over Arizona. The one that sticks out to me is the ability to win in spite of their offense. During the worst stretch for the Ducks this year, it wasn't really the offense that ever let them down. It was their ability to get stops when they needed it. If they can keep improving on that, look for them to make noise of the next couple of weeks.
- Speaking of next week. Are you ready for the Pac 12 Tourney? Oregon takes on OSU on Wednesday at 6:00pm. The game I'm most interested in seeing though is UW vs Utah to start the tourney.
- Baseball had a good weekend. They started off Friday with a win over Ohio State 8-2. Their bats let them down again on Saturday as they got blanked 5-0, but I think they were just storing up as they exploded Sunday for a 20-4 series win.
- It's that time of year again, as Ken Goe puts out his weekly Oregon Track and field rundown. If you're not reading it regularly you should. I mean, we're a track school anyway.
Gif of the Week: That's the way to go out Loyd.